Monday, May 10, 2010

Catastrophe

      It has been two days our condominium faces water shortage.  On the first day, we all jumped into the swimming pool to have a dip.  We thought it will be temporary and by evening or night fall, the water supply will be back to normal.  Unfortunately that dip in the pool was our bath.  That night, from my kitchen, I saw people bringing large buckets and trolleys at the lift.  By the way, to make matters worse, only one lift was working.  The other was short circuit.  So you can imagine everyone from the ground to the 16th floor waiting for one lift.
     Anyway, when I saw my neighbour bringing the buckets, I told my husband about it.  He said that everyone was filling their buckets with pool water.  Then, near to midnight, I heard noises on the ground floor.  Lucky for me, my house is just on the second floor.  Again, I told my husband and persuaded him to get some pool water for toilet use only.  We went down with only three cute small size buckets. Really not prepared of such disaster.  Anyway, we use the stairs since the lift was very slow as it stopped at almost every floor.  To my surprise, there were so many people with all sizes of buckets full with water, waiting for the lift.  The floor was all wet and slippery.
    When we wanted to go to the pool, there it was the Syabas water tank truck.  The man there was asking us to be fast because the truck was about to go.  At that point, I was quite frustrated that nobody informed us.  I think the management must get a hailer to inform the residents about the water supply.  When my friend went down she was the last one and not all her buckets were full.  It means that I was the second last person to get  water.
     You know, this is plain human.  At times like this, we forget about others.  We just think of our own survival. One of my friend's husband came out of the lift with lots of buckets.  We told him that the truck has left and he was devastated.  He even asked if I would want to give him one bucket of water and I just gave him a smile.  Whether it was a joke or not, at that point we'll never know.  Then he made another statement to another person there that he wanted to buy that bucket of water.  That person joked saying one litre for RM15.  Do you think he was joking?  Well, this poor guy ended up taking pool water.
     This is just two days without water and the place is a chaos.   Am I one of those inconsiderate people who think for themselves or am I just another victim trying to survive?  What if you were in my shoes.  What will you do at times of disaster?

(By the way, I just received an sms from a friend that now both our lifts are not functioning!!!  Aargh.. This is even worse than Nightmare in Elm Street!)

5 comments:

  1. if i m in ur situation, i will give him 1 bucket, he will remember it for life, if he dont, the pahala is there. apa yang berlaku adalah ujian ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. kesiannya...
    bawak tong air ke sekolah lah. ambik air sikit, bawak balik.

    ReplyDelete
  3. saya ada buat post tentang blog syura..

    syura,
    kalau buat perenggan, jarakkan satu perenggan dari yang lagi satu jauh sikit, supaya tak crowded sangat.

    dalam skrin, tak best baca tulisan antara paragraph rapat2 sangat...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam kitak..

    Ziarah kitak tok...

    ReplyDelete
  5. trima kasih krn menziarah..

    TQ k.normah.. u're the best.

    ReplyDelete