Saturday, May 1, 2010

Sweet Eyda

     A few days ago I went to a mamak restaurant to enjoy my dinner.  At the same time the tv programme, 'Bersamamu' was on.  It was about two clever girls who could not gain more education due to family financial problem.  So, an organisation sponsored to educate these two girls who are just four and five years old.  The sad part was they had to be apart from the family and was taken away.  They were crying and kept saying wanting to stay with their mother.  


     I was being a naughty and bad mother teased my first and second daughter about putting them in a boarding school if they do not want to study at home.  My second child is the emotional type.  She was happily eating her fries until I kept whispering in her ears saying how much I will miss hugging and cuddling by her side.  Miss calling her name and teasing her.  Then suddenly, tears flow on her chubby cheeks and it was 'raining heavily'.  I had to hug her and comfort her, telling that I will not let her go.  The poor thing tricked by her mother.  


     This poem was written for her when I was admitted in the hospital, with only the corner of the newspaper for me to scribble, while waiting for the big moment. 




Waiting For The Moment


Today I sit and wait for the time,
for you my dear, to forever be mine.
My heart beats fast, like cars in a rush,
waiting to hold you  and your hair I can brush.
Whose eyes do you have?
Whose face do you resemble?
I cannot wait to know
The suspense makes me tremble.


The sound of your cry
is song to my ears.
The moment you arrive,
my eyes full of tears.
You are my joy.
My forever pride.
When you open your eyes,
I'll be by your side.
So do not be afraid,
not even feel sad.
For I will always love you,
nothing more to be said.


Written on 11 March 2003

4 comments: