Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Mentor Mentee

A short entry for today.
My school organised a Mentor Mentee Programme.
A student requested to be my mentee.
I accepted without official agreement yet.
The student always enters the staff room to see me; educational purposes or just a short hello.


Yesterday, Teacher's Meeting: 
1. no students in the staff room
2. teacher plays an important role (be a good example for students)


Today, meet the student in the staff room.
Asked him to go outside and told him nicely not to see me at my table.
Instead, asked for me and I'll come.
Student's reaction; negative.
I said I am following rules (being a good example) so students should follow rules too.
Student's reaction; "It's okay teacher, I will not bother you again!!"
Student went away.
Teacher's reaction; blur.


Moral of the story; I need a MENTOR!




No comments:

Post a Comment